Insecurities

I've noticed lately that my insecurities have been decreasing exponentially, which; of course is a great thing!  However I am noticing a trend about the few that linger.  Thing about my insecurities is, I most often don't even realize they are there until they are pointed by someone else.  For example, I love to be comfortable in whatever I'm wearing.  I don't make a huge fuss about clothing, I like to feel that I look nice (to myself) but most importantly, I like to be comfortable.  [Yes, people... comfort is just that important when it comes to my "style".]  So, I get dressed, go somewhere and then hear something to the effect of, "I would never be brave enough to wear something like that."  
*Insert deer in headlights look here*

That's when the thoughts start to roll on in.
  • What does that mean?
  • Do I look terrible?
  • Why are people always making such a fuss about what I wear?
  • Maybe I should have worn something else...
Then I begin to examine myself at every reflective surface that I pass.  -Not a good time-

Yet as I think about it, I must question myself on why I'm giving words such authority over my peace of mind.  More than likely the person that made the original statement meant their words as complimentary.  ...There I go, thinking about it too much again....

The problem with insecurities is that we allow them to fester and grow from our own thoughts and imaginations.  The more we dwell on the possibilities of negativity and darkness; the more likely they are to multiply.  So instead I must focus my thoughts on the surface of statements and stop trying to pick apart every comment that comes my way, because sometimes people really do mean the things they say... And if they don't, I can not afford to take it within myself as a means of torment.  Besides, in a situation such as the one mentioned above, I can simply ask and put an end to the queries that are evoked.  -OR- I can claim my own power and be confident in who I am and how I choose to present myself.  Yes, sometimes the opinion of others matters, but more often than not, when it comes to someone bringing out the insecurities of another; it is truly about them.  

Choose to stand firmly in your truth, whether it is in regard to your fashion or your overall way of being.  Do no harm unto others and never EVER allow another to dim your light by calling forth or creating insecurities.  


*Peace and Blessings*



Website
Facebook     |     Twitter
Pinterest    |    Instagram
Email


Comments

Popular Posts