See It Into Existence

I often have the tendency to speak negativity into my life.  I don't mean to do it, and I often don't even realize that I'm doing it... but it is there.  For instance, as I walked down the street during the winter months; making my way through the slush that the polar vortex had brought, I would often envision myself slipping on the muck.  And then have a yelp of surprise, when my foot would actually slip!  Or as I type a response to a statement or message, I imagine my words being taken completely out of context and therefore hit the ole backspace button until my original statement is nothing but a distant memory.  

My knee jerk reaction is to go from one end of the possibility spectrum to the other.  The endless what-ifs and Murphy's Law thoughts of potential outcomes race through my mind in a manner that would make the Indy 500 say, "Slow down".  

One day when I was out shopping for day-to-day goods, the credit machine that I was swiping my card through malfunctioned.  My instant response was, "of course it would stop working... it's me, after-all."  The interesting thing was that the cashier instantly looked me square in the eye and told me to, "Stop that."  She told me not to speak negativity over myself, and to not invite trials/ tribulations into my life.  I was literally stopped in my tracks.  If there had never been a more blatant lesson that I was in need of hearing and learning... that was it.  

I still struggle with the entire, belittle myself for the sake of breaking the ice and/or making others feel more comfortable (at least, that's how I see it).  But you know what... I'm a work in progress.  To me, the key is to know myself well enough to recognize that areas of improvement.  It just so happens that making snide remarks that serve to lower my vibrations are a great area in which I have room to grow.  It's a part of the beauty behind the journey.  Had this incident been just a year ago, I might have responded with a quick, "Mind your business" instead of actually accepting the moment for the gift it offered.  True enough, not everyone will ask for the opinion of another; and sometimes it does seem as if responses come from left field.  Yet I have found that it is in these moments that I must fight the old urge to react and instead I will respond from a standpoint of welcomed growth.  

Each and every moment we exist in this world; every step we take within our Earthly flesh offers a lesson.  We must simply slow down in order to recognize that which we are meant to learn.  So each day, I will slow down from reverting to the reaction of comfort, I will try to stop myself from envisioning the worst case scenario; I will reclaim my thoughts and shift towards positivity.  


*Peace and Blessings*

Website
Facebook     |     Twitter
Pinterest     |     Tumblr
Email


Comments

Popular Posts