The True Story

So much has happened within such a short amount of time. Sometimes it feels that my efforts to exist within various moments are superseded by my need to constantly play catch-up.  Catch up on my sleep, on my work, on my family time, on my messages, etc, etc, etc.  There are never enough hours in the day and my lack of sleep only seems to make my tasks more daunting.  Yet on the outside I look as cool as a cucumber.  One would never even suspect that I had a worry in the world based on my appearance. 

We only offer the world to receive, that which we wish to give.  This is just one of the reasons I offer my truth with complete transparency.  I feel that we are often so distracted by the aesthetics of the situation that we fail to recognize the soul.  We seek entertainment at the expense of others just to have conversation.  Yet when we think about it, what service does this provide to ourselves or one another?

I always joke that if I were to become a celebrity that I would end up on the worst dressed list every time I headed to the store.  Wearing pajama pants, a worn out t-shirt and a fatigue baseball cap is my usual garb for the half-mile walk.  But no one cares.  Truly.  I walk in; do my shopping and chat up my cashier friends (I'm a frequent customer). 

Here's the kicker.... No one cares not out of disdain, but quite the opposite; because they see beyond and recognize me as a person.  Yet we don't extend this courtesy to all simply for their choice of employment.  Once a person decides to put themselves out to the public eye, they are suddenly opening up to scrutiny and judgment.  Don't get me wrong, I've def passed a few judgments in my day and even continue to struggle with the whole, judge not, notion when it comes to public figures.

Bottom line is this... One never truly knows the full picture of what is going on with someone unless that person chooses complete and honest disclosure.  In reality we only receive the view of the graceful swan floating effortlessly in a lake of tranquility.  We would have to look closer to see the effort being made to stay afloat by paddling incessantly.  Just as in the game of catch-up.  One never knows the struggle and fights of another and therefore should not presume anything. 

Wanting to appear perfect hurts none, unless you fail to see through your own veil of protection and forget to help yourself.  Remember, you must begin from within and allow the ripples of your efforts to ignite positive impact with those in your field of influence.

*Peace and Blessings*


Website
Facebook     |     Twitter
Instagram     |     Pinterest
Email


Comments

Popular Posts