Cry Baby

Emotional swings can be a beast!  Up, down and all around.  That has been my world since I began this cleanse.  Well, that was my story prior to beginning this cleanse as well... but I understand that it was the empath in me being a magnet for everyone else's emotional stuff.  However, I have noticed that these past 5 days have called for me to turn inward every time I am tempted to focus on those things and people around me for explanation of my actions and emotions.  I so want to point a finger to ease my burden from blame.  I want to suppress my feelings and allow anger to lead my charge towards action.  But you know something?
It is A LOT harder for me to maintain anger, than it is for me to achieve understanding.
Man.... think about that for a second.

A few things that I've learned about myself so far:
  • I am prone to react quickly (whether it be positive or negative; which again, is up to interpretation)
  • I don't listen as well as I should
  • Releasing emotional baggage is an on-going process, that cannot be downplayed or avoided
  • Anger is not natural to my being
Truth is, the more I take time to reflect; the more I can see myself in all things and people around me.  I understand that in my moments of extreme emotional outbursts, I need but bring the proverbial pendulum back to center.  I must remind myself to assess where my emotions are coming from.  Am I truly upset or frustrated at those around me, or am I simply projecting my internal emotions onto another? If I do something, is it truly coming from a good place in my heart, or is my ego taking a major role?  

So when I feel that I want to cry... I will allow myself permission to cry.  Regardless of who is around.  Truth is we only fear judgment because we are quick to judge.  So I'll stop calling myself a cry baby and I will even work to remove any negative connotation that I associate with the notion.  Instead, I will simply be.  I will be aware of myself and all that comes along with it; I will look within for all that I seek, in turn granting myself permission to see things with greater clarity.

*Peace and Blessings*

Comments

Popular Posts