Taking Everything Personally

I used to take everything so personally. If you were to tell me that you liked what I had on, I would wonder what you really were trying to say. Were you making fun of me? What had I ever done to you?!

I would analyze the words in conjunction with the body language and then reference it all back to previous conversations as a means of comparison. To say I have been prone to over thinking is a gross simplification. Of course now I realize that most of my reading into things was based on projection. You see, I was judge-jury-and-executioner when it came to ohhhhhh, just about everything. I would look a person from head-to-toe without even having to move my head (I have large eyes, it's a perk when stalking).

Anywho, I digressed.

Thing of it is, I would be so quick to charge someone as a silent hater when in fact I was the only person doing the proverbial hating and creating a silent, yet non-existent competition.

Today? I understand that this world isn't about being better than anyone or even carrying feelings of resentment or jealousy because someone has met a different type of blessing than that of my own. Nope, it's about striving to be you in a world that screams for the world to become one massive society of clones based on some standard put in place by those wishing to pit brothers and sisters against one another. Instead I am learning to embrace the fact that we all can coexist within our own comfort-zones of self-identity. We must aim to uplift one another if we truly wish to make a difference in this world and become the change we wish to see.

It's time to put aside the hate and embrace love and light. We must begin from within if we are to affect change. The world needs change and I feel in my soul that it CAN and WILL occur once we focus on ourselves for the well being of the collective.

Have you committed to beginning your journey?

*Peace and Blessings*



Marisa Moments Website
Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments
Email Me!!!



Have you been inspired?
Help the journey today by making a
DONATION
to sustain the work

Comments

Popular Posts