A Kick to the Throat

Sometimes lessons come to me in such a cute, warm and fuzzy manner.  It's like a walk in the park on a warm spring day, with the breeze in my face and the sun shining down. As a voice tells me to turn my head and suddenly a billboard appears. It says, "Stop that, Marisa... and you know what I'm talking about."

BUZZ... BUZZ... BUZZZZZZ 
*Alarm clock sounds* and I am suddenly awakened and returned to 'reality'.  Oh, you thought I actually experience easy life lessons? Hahahahahaha! If it were simple, I wouldn't have a reason to write, Marisa Moments. *bright side*

Anywho, I am recognizing more-and-more that although there are no such things as 'easy lessons' in my reality, that speaks volumes for the gravity of the lessons that I do experience. For example, in this very moment I am waiting on pins-and-needles for some news. It has my emotions off the charts and is resurfacing my inclination to be in complete control. However, I am being forced to seek serenity, because things are truly out of my hands. You wanna know what it feels like?... Yeap, a full-on kick in the throat! I'm talking a no holds barred, Wrestle-mania flying leap from the ropes; kick to the throat! 

My lesson you ask? I need to chill the fuk out! Refocus my energies into something productive. But not just that, this is so much bigger than how things affect ME. This also brings the reality to the situation that we never know the importance that our words or actions have on others. Something that may be perceived as so simple to us may mean the cosmos to another! I used to think that someone else's lack of preparation did not dictate a rush on my end. However in this moment I understand that sometimes shyt happens beyond our control. So overall, we must be ruled through compassion and not spite or resentment. We must remember to set our egos to the side whenever we deal with any of our fellow brothers and sisters.

Listen, I know everything that I speak on is not easy in any way, shape or form; hell, I'm living it... but that doesn't make it any less necessary. I'm not suggesting becoming a push-over, or to fore-sake yourself before all others, I'm just suggesting to let the heart lead your journey but not to forget to bring your brain along for the ride. Ya dig?


*Peace and Blessings*


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook      |      @MarisaMoments
Email Me!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Comments

Popular Posts