Like a Big Kid

We're in the middle of a great change in our lives. I don't mean that metaphorically, I mean literally... my family and I are moving, and if you've ever been blessed to move yourself or your family from one home to another, you know that although it is an exciting event, it can be totally stressful at the same time. I seriously go from, Little Miss Sunshine to Medusa in like .2 seconds. It's actually pretty impressive, if it was not happening to me (but I digressed).

Anywho, yesterday we went furniture shopping. What? Did I fail to mention that we are looking for new things, plus I'm in the middle of trying to potty train my youngest daughter? Yeeeeeaaaaa, clearly I love a good challenge. However, I can't be upset with any of this, because these are not only blessings, but they are things that I bring upon myself. As we all know, we can't do a rain dance and then be angry for getting rained on. Dang it... digressed again!

The REAL point of this blog post is to talk about the awesome observation I had while watching my kids in action yesterday as we were in route to the furniture store. They were very well behaved, but then I noticed the fact that they truly have no filter. Of course they are my kids, so this is no new discovery. However I mention it because I was seeing truth in its most precious form. Here I am getting all stressed out and crazy-eyed about things that I bring onto myself and my attention is being pulled by Spirit into what I should be focused on. Why stress?... The simple truth is that either something is or it isn't and we often have no control beyond ourselves to change those facts. Perhaps I'm going about this all wrong... perhaps I need to let my hair down even more! (Yes, folks... it is possible) When did I start listening to the rules that state I can only be free to be myself when inside the confines of my personal comfort zone; only to straighten-up when I walk among strangers? Why the fuk, do I care so much STILL about the opinions of others?

Seriously, it's time that I allow my light to shine, not only in my space, but in the space of others. HAhahaha! (Sorry, I had to take a second to laugh at that, because it sounds so dayum obtrusive.) Of course as with everything, I'm not looking to exert myself on anyone not willing to receive. I have nothing to prove, I simply need to be me... After all, that is what the creator made me to be. Bottom line is this... coexist through love and respect; everyone isn't gonna ride with you because not everyone will want to be in your presence. And that is OK. Do you; Boo... because I sure as hell am doing me! ;)

*Peace and Blessings



Marisa Moments Website
Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments
Like seriously, feel free to EMAIL ME!



♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Because you've been inspired
Because you've seen your reflecting through the darkness
MAKE A DONATION
Thank you in advance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Comments

Popular Posts