The Face of Sadness

What does the face of sadness look like?  Is it a frown?... Tears?... Lowered eyes?

Sometimes when I watch my children's 'educational' shows with them, I hear the announcer ask for the viewer to identify various facial expressions.  What does this face show → ☺?  Of course the subsequent answer to the aforementioned question is undoubtedly... "HAPPY!" However, we all know that this does not necessarily represent the truth.

Why do we teach our children that a smile is indicative of happiness? Fact is, even the seemingly happiest person in the world could harbor deep seeded feelings of angst and sadness. No, I'm not tryna be a Debbie Downer about the whole concept, because I still let my children watch the shows; while making them aware that sometimes people do smile despite tears. (Sounds like a party, right? lol)

I promise I do have a point. I represent the face of sadness. I was diagnosed many-many moons ago as suffering from depression/ anxiety and PTSD.  Granted, I've since been able to overcome most of the darkness that resided within my soul; as a direct result of life's tough blows. Most wouldn't even know that I, to this very day, suffer from the lasting effects of depression, if I didn't speak of it openly. Everyday often offers reminders of the darkness from whence I was 'born'. And everyday doles out the potential for 'triggers' to awaken the sorrowful void that threatens from my core.

Here is what I know. Sadness does not only manifest itself in the obvious, this is made apparent by the recent passing of one of the funniest men in Hollywood. We never truly know the struggles of another, because generally speaking; we are more apt to accept that which is shown on the surface. It is easier as a society to accept the surface because it allows us to continue our self-indulged ways of being.  And no, I'm not attempting to point a finger or even shyt on the behavior of others, because I am just as guilty as the next. However, this is where I choose to air dirty laundry, better known as my personal truth.

Sometimes all it takes is asking how someone is doing and truly meaning it. Coming from a place of concern, instead of peeking in and seeking to have the latest 'tea'. (Did I use that term correctly?... Oh, the lingo we use these days... But I digressed.)

Bottom line is this: We need to start helping each other more. We need to remember that at the end of the day, we are all one. We all hurt, we all laugh, we all cry, we are all human (erm, most of us). It's high time that we start getting our shyt together; otherwise the proverbial shift is going to hit the fan even harder than what we are experiencing right now.  Begin YOUR Journey! I'm not going to tell you how, I'm just gonna tell you to start.

*Peace and Blessings*


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook     |      @MarisaMoments
Don't be scurred... Email Me!
Reading requests * Dream interpretation * Intuitive Guidance * Blog Topics

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Because I need your support to continue
Please and Thank You!

Comments

Popular Posts