Your Happiness

Tough lesson time!

I am NOT responsible for your happiness. Wanna practice saying it out loud?

 

"I am NOT responsible for your happiness!"


Ok, now let me explain. I don't mean to sound crass when I say that phrase. Essentially I am stating an unspoken truth that reflects something great. The greatness of which I speak is our own personal power to control our emotions. Sure enough, it is never as easy as it sounds. Trust me; I too have battles and emotional swings. However, I've recently realized that I am only responsible for the happiness of self. It's not a selfish notion, it simply places responsibility on you... errrr, me.... oh, you know what I mean!

Think about it, people can't make you angry or sad or upset without your permission. Yes, sometimes the actions and words of another can cut deep, yet it is up to me as to whether I will internalize the behavior of another and allow it to ruin my day. So instead, I'm working on not taking things personally. Doesn't mean I'm going to start being an unapologetic asshole to people just because I feel my behavior should hold no bearing on another. It simply means that I will continue to speak and live my personal truth through compassion. All the while taking things outside of my person with a grain of salt.

Again, this doesn't mean that I will throw manners out the window or that I will become a complete pushover. Just means that I'm gonna be me and accept that you are just being you. The decision to accept each other is a part of free will. Welcome to take-it-or-leave-it time!

How about you? Do you have any relationships that need evaluating? Do you find yourself taking things personally and allowing the words/actions/behavior of another to dictate how you day will go? Are you taking responsibility for the happiness of another over yourself? Be honest!... Don't worry, I won't tell.

*Peace and Blessings*
 

 
www.marisamoments.com
Marisa Moments Website
Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments
Email Me!!!
 
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Your support is greatly appreciated
DONATE HERE


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Purchase your copy of, "Marisa Moments: Begin YOUR Journey" TODAY!!!
Amazon [paperback starts at $9.90]
Amazon Kindle [Kindle starts at $3.99]
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts