Sitting Among The Ashes

Listen... I've been sitting my happy ass among the ashes, y'all! I didn't realize it; I thought I was just resting my weary soul. I thought Spirit was just telling me to slow down. I thought the Universe was calling for me to take a break! Hell, I deserve it!

You wanna know the reality of the situation? I was sitting on my hands because I was feeling sorry for myself. I kept thinking about the things I used to have, whether it be something as simple as a modern convenience or even a bag of jewelry that was lost years ago (true story). There I was, sitting down among the rubble, crying over what was; instead of standing up, surveying for what could be salvaged, and looking for a new spot on which I could build. I had become so comfortable in yesterday that I stopped looking forward to today and even more; tomorrow.

  • Why should I cook?... My counter-space is limited.
  • Why should I clean?... It's just going to get messed up again, anyway.
  • Why should I continue to write?... No one reads my words.

All lies, of course, based on a negative perspective created in my own mind because I was firmly planted in yester-year instead of continuously moving forward.

This year has started off rough for me. I've had a migraine since day 2, that has only let up slightly here-and-there... but even that serves as a lesson, reminding me to get my shit together. Sure, I can choose to dwell on the pain, or I can get off my ass and focus my attention elsewhere; hence becoming more productive. Am I a victim or am I a victor? The decision is mine and mine alone; and today I am choosing to claim my destiny once more.

It's time to stand-up, friends! This is the beginning of a beautiful opportunity to claim your power. Sure you will notice a vast change take place around you as a direct result of your decision to become the change you wish to see in this world, and you know what?.... That is OK! You will lose friends, but you will also gain others. It's time to close this book of old and take out your own pen to create your journey, and that begins today! So stop sitting among the ashes and get yo ass up!

*Peace and Blessings*


Marisa Moments Website
Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments
Email Me!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Your support is greatly appreciated
DONATE HERE


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Purchase your copy of, "Marisa Moments: Begin YOUR Journey" TODAY!!!
Amazon [Paperback - SALE $9.00 Ends TODAY]
Amazon Kindle [Kindle - SALE at $2.99 Ends TODAY]



Comments

Popular Posts