Yesterday is History

I've been learning so much from my kids lately, even more than usual. Just watching their 'recovery time' from everything life throws their way astounds me! They are children and tend to get into things (just as any child would); so they are subjected to a good ole Supernanny styled time-out, they have temper tantrums, experience scolding, etc. However, I've noticed that after they experience a time-out as a direct result of their actions, they have the propensity to let go of whatever emotion that led them to the trouble as if it were never there in the first place. Meanwhile, I'm in my head huffing and puffing from having to discipline them or from having to chase them down (this is literal, not figurative) to get them to sit in time-out or go to their perspective corners in order to break-up a fight or whatever else they were getting into. [What can I say?... I lead a very real life that is not always that pretty.] 


Anywho, lately this has made me stop to examine my own responses to situations: 
  • Why do I tend to hold on to things long after the moment has passed? 
  • Why do I relive emotions from an experience that happened long ago after experiencing a basic reminder of the event?
  • How is it that I find it so difficult to escape the magnetism behind the vortex of life's experiences? 

To say I'm super sensitive to everything around me is probably one of the biggest understatements of the millennium! The great news is that as I learn new lessons, regardless of the source, I am able to grow and in-turn pushes farther into my destiny. The key in this process is to remember to get out of my own way and to not only accept the lessons as they come, but to apply the lessons. After all, this isn't about a "do as I say, not as I do" journey... This is about actively working towards/allowing myself to become the Change I wish to see in this world. 

Me thinks it's about time I reign in some of these Super Powers and apply them for my own good and then the good of others. 

Where are some of your current lessons coming from? Are you open to receiving them, or are you apt to shrug them off due to the nature of their source/origination. Remember, it's the shit that rubs us the wrong way that carry the deepest lessons. 

*Peace & Blessings*







♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Your support is greatly appreciated

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Purchase your copy of, "Marisa Moments: Begin YOUR Journey" TODAY!!!
Amazon [Paperback - $9.00]
Amazon Kindle [Kindle - $2.99]

Comments

Popular Posts