Shutty

So yesterday I paid for and went to the gym for the first time in about ten years. I have done workout classes and yoga in the interim, but nothing on my own; so this was kinda a big deal to me. So fast-forward to my workout... There I was, having the gym to myself. I did a warm-up, got my stretch on and then did some cardio. Did I mention I even used the free-weights?! Hellz yea, doggie... I was in it to win it!

So there I was, sweating like crazy and feeling like the cute/female version of Arnold Schwarzenegger. You seriously couldn't tell me shit! Theeeeennnnnnn, I go to sign out after my 50 minute push for 'greatness'. There's an older gent working the counter and he says to me, "done already?!"

Cue heart drop.



Then just as quickly as my smile dropped into a frown and my insecurities were called to the front of my mind I decided to switch it up!

"Marisa, he doesn't know your story. He doesn't know that this was your first time to the actual gym in years. He doesn't know that you are on meds that can bring about heat stroke and exhaustion to the point of passing out. He doesn't know shit about you!"

BOOM!


Then I continue to walk out of the gym and head to my car with my head held high and a great sense of accomplishment!

So what's the point behind all of this?... Never allow someone to steal the joy from your sense of accomplishment. If you feel great about what you've done, whether it's working out or taking the best nap ever... OWN THAT SHIT!

*Peace and Blessings*


Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Your support is greatly appreciated
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Purchase your copy of, "Marisa Moments: Begin YOUR Journey" TODAY!!!
Amazon [Paperback - $9.00]
Amazon Kindle [Kindle - $2.99]


Comments

Popular Posts