OK, So This Is The Deal...

I've been working on getting myself out of this manic-depressive roller-coaster state of mind, and a major part of this has been getting myself in shape. You see, a lot of how I feel about myself is a direct reflection of how I SEE myself. And yes, this is directly correlated to my physical appearance. Don't believe me?.... Just TRY to get me to take a picture with you! Seriously, try it; I dare ya! Even my closest friends know that there's no tellin me that I'm not the most unattractive person in the group. (No matter what that group may be.)  Crazy part is, I haven't always been this way!

I used to be so confident! I never wanted to be the center of attention, but I was also aware that I could hold my own next to my gorgeous friends and associates. So what happened?! ..... Fat is what happened!

Now, don't go getting offended because I would NEVER use such harsh and judgmental terms towards someone else; but you know the saying, "we are always hardest on ourselves". And no, I'm not fishing for compliments, I'm simply telling you how I truly feel.

Thing of it is, I KNOW what I need to do in order to feel better about myself, which in my eyes is superficial but none-the-less, my reality. I need to get my ass in shape. Not back-in-the-day shape, but more of a this is the New and Improved Me type of way.

All of this to say, I had been working out. First was what I lovingly refer to as a boot-camp. And boy-o-boy was I seeing a difference, even my bestest bud was shocked by my mesmerizingly new glutes. You couldn't tell me shit!

Then the class becomes less feasible for me (reasons I will keep to myself). So then I start working out at home. I join the Gian (sp, because I'm too lazy to look it up) Channel and get my Ripped in 30 Days sweat on! And Jesus, Lord in Heaven... I was sweating my ass off. Feeling a difference in the way my clothes were sitting on me and er'thang. I was so geeked, even though I was not elated over having to workout, I was doing it!


Soooooo, I'm about to start week two (I had extended week one until I felt confident enough to move forward).... Anywho.

There I was, already imagining the new wardrobe my hubby didn't know he was going to get me; the New Year had just passed and BAM!

I reach for a towel and riiiiiippppp..... something gets all fucked up in my shoulder to the point where I literally can't move it without massive pain. And that's been my world ever since the 2nd of January. Thankfully, I am blessed with the best husband, kids and family to support me. I've been in a sling and drugged up (present moment included); and the worst part is feeling that I can't accomplish the things I want to do.

I never thought I would miss, cooking, cleaning and just taking care of my family as much as I do right now.

The lesson here?
Once again I'm forced to slow my role and take into account my endless blessings. Yes, I might be in pain but I am happy.

The point of all of this is to say:
Things may seem rough, you may be experiencing struggles but if you take the time to look for the helpers and the blessings you might just realize that this too has a reason.

So in the meantime, suck it up buttercup, things could always be worse. 


*Peace and Blessings*


Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Learn more about Readings by Marisa Moments HERE


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Your support is greatly appreciated
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Purchase your copy of, "Marisa Moments: Begin YOUR Journey" TODAY!!!
Amazon [Paperback - $9.00]             *             Amazon Kindle [Kindle - $2.99]




Comments

Popular Posts