The Position of Power

I go to therapy (and would recommend it to anyone asking); I mention this because I just came from an extremely eye-opening session. You see I've been going through a great internal struggle. This struggle has been between my head and my heart. For example, to know a thing is not the same as accepting it as your truth; so this has been my tug-of-war. Going back-and-forth questioning myself on current and past situations.

My main struggle has been with the issue of abandonment. In my life I've experienced much abandonment (as I saw and felt it). From friendships to family situations; I've always felt as if I were waiting for the other shoe to drop. It would only be a matter of time before someone was bound to walk out of my life, because that was what I had grown accustom to experiencing. So I decided to strap myself into the "victim" seat.

Don't get me wrong, I never wanted people to walk out of my life; but after much experience I saw it as inevitable. So I didn't do things (or at least I tried not to do things) that would have the potential to drive another person away. If anything I would over extend myself in order to make people stay! I would become the person I felt they wanted me to be; I would change my thoughts so that they were more accommodating... I became a shadow.

So imagine my astonishment when I came to the realization that the tables in my life had turned! I realized today that I was only in the "victim" seat because I refused to sit anywhere else. Today I saw that in fact my life has turned so much that I've gone from the bottom of the totem pole to the TOP!



Wait, WHAT?!!!....... 
Give me a moment, I need to absorb this breakthrough.



Turns out that the reason my head and my heart have been in such turmoil is because I KNOW how it feels to be rejected, I have lived the life of someone that has been pushed aside for another. But now, in this moment I have shifted into the position of power and I've been having a hard time accepting it. After all, how could I inflict perceived pain on someone that I claim to love, when I know how it feels to be a recipient of that same kind of pain?!

Then I realized that yes, actions have the propensity of inducing emotional pain; but am I so unworthy that I must accept anything and everything in order to not subjugate someone else to the same pain that they have no regards to inflicting on me? When did I become so unworthy of happiness and fulfillment?

When did I start putting myself last for the sake of all those around me?!

Well, this is my head talking.... It's time to introduce this knowledge to my heart. After all, I AM worthy of greatness, but if I wish to achieve it and receive it I must stop shrinking away from my Position of Power.


*Peace and Blessings*


Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Learn more about Readings by Marisa Moments HERE


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Your support is greatly appreciated
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Purchase your copy of, "Marisa Moments: Begin YOUR Journey" TODAY!!!
Amazon [Paperback - $9.00]             *             Amazon Kindle [Kindle - $2.99]


Comments

Popular Posts