Needs Versus Wants

Yesterday I wrote my first post in over a month. It was about my birthday that has more-often-than-not, ended with me feeling like crap. Let me just say, it definitely came off more ho-hum than I actually feel. Right now I'm in a GREAT place! Things have been falling into place in such a glorious way and I AM in fact happy. However, I felt the need to address this one elephant in the room of my life.

What response did I receive in answer to that post?... I got several swift kicks in the ass! (So serious.) Folks came out to remind me that my birthday is about more than just expectations versus perceived disappointments. In relation to these messages I would like to say, "thank you."

Although at the initial time I saw these opinions I don't think I was ready to give thanks; I understand that what I wanted to hear versus what I NEEDED to hear aren't always one in the same. I was so ready to wrap myself in the warm blanket of misery, sink into a depression based on this singular event and simply allow it to sneak by without any true acknowledgment. Yet a higher power had other plans.

Sure I was bothered initially because in all honesty I didn't want to hear the truth, but I was quickly forced to face myself and put things into perspective.
Did the people that were advising me so strongly against my mental state of being as it pertained to my birthday do so out of maliciousness?
Were they aware that I didn't want to hear what they had to say?
Honestly I can't speak for any of them (although I feel they were all coming from a good place); but I did know that the severity of my initial internal-emotional response was strong enough to warrant me taking pause for real assessment. Why would I get so bothered by such a simple truth?

True enough we all have our shitty days that coincide with shitty attitudes. The key is not to allow those temporary emotions to become our place of comfort. Now do I advise poking a bear in the moment of exhaustion?.... HELL NO. Then again, I'm no bear (at least not until the sun goes down).

My motive behind yesterday's blog was to point out my state-of-mind in order to address it in a transparent way. The subsequent response I received was a quick nudge towards resolution. Does this mean that I'm ready to skip away with balloons in hand?... Probably not; but I am in the place I wish to be, I am ready to address my feelings and move-on. So I'll embrace receiving what I needed and march forward towards a place of peace.

Listen, I'm not perfect; that's pretty much the point of this blog. Yet, I am working towards a 'better' place and if that means stopping to understand over just giving in to my first knee-jerk reaction, then so-be-it. It ain't easy, then again very few things that are worth it are. This is my journey, the good news is that even when I take a step back to see the clearer picture, I am immediately catapulted into advancement.

Never be afraid to admit when you're wrong.
Never become so stubborn that you can't see room for advancement/improvement.


*Peace and Blessings*


Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Learn more about Readings by Marisa Moments HERE


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Your support is greatly appreciated
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Purchase your copy of, "Marisa Moments: Begin YOUR Journey" TODAY!!!
Amazon [Paperback - $9.00]             *             Amazon Kindle [Kindle - $2.99]

Comments

Popular Posts