Stand Up!!!!!

OK, so I thought I was going to keep things light today with a simple game of tag... but I've been inspired!  I just had a moment in which I felt compelled to share my personal truth as it related to a situation that could potentially be perceived as negative.  It was an issue that I do not take lightly.  I will not speak on what that issue was, because it has been addressed.  However, for the point of this blog... I want you to image a cause (any cause) that you hold near to your heart.  Now envision someone unintentionally (or intentionally) making light of that cause among others.  Would you say something?

Would you address the elephant in the room, or would you choose to walk by as if there was nothing obstructing your views/path?

Well, I feel as though I've met a few occasions of late that lent opportunity for me to Stand Up for what I felt was right and good.  I'm not hailing myself as a saint or even a trailblazer, but I do feel that these moments serve as tests.  They test us as individuals and as collective souls.

Yes, I must admit that I'm being highly sensitive to these matters.  However, I'm sensitive because I have to be.  In this moment I do take up the flag for those that are hurt in silence, for those that simply accept that things will remain constant no matter what the burden, for those that are simply tired of fighting.

Again, let me reiterate that I am not attempting to take on the role of hero.... I'm just stating what must be said.  Today, I won't be quiet and know my role among potential negativity.  I will STAND UP!!!!... Will you stand with me?


*BE the change you wish to see in the world*



Comments

Popular Posts