The Gifts

A gift by definition is something that is given from one person to another without expectation of compensation.  We have all received a gift at one time or another.  Now, don't mistake that statement to display callous disregard for those living under means that don't allow for financial overages that would in turn result in gift giving/receipt.  I'm referring to The Gifts that HE has given us.

Let's think about this for a minute...
What gift has he given us?... Hmmm, well perhaps we can begin with the gift of life.  And if that one doesn't quite float your boat, how about the gift of free will?  Still not picking up what I'm putting down?...  How about we focus more on the psychology aspect of HIS gifts to us.  How about we examine ourselves as individuals and really look to determine what HE has given us.

  • Are you a great singer?
  • Can you play a musical instrument?
  • Do you have "the gift of gab", in which you are able to assimilate in most social situations?
  • Do you have a flare for fashion?
  • Are you a talented cook?
  • Do you have an artistic flare?  (whether it be in doing hair, nails, painting, etc)
  • Etc, etc, etc
Did you find it?... If not... no worries, you have time.


My point is this:  we all have been granted a gift(s) of various natures... that's part of what keeps the world going round.  However, it is in finding/ acknowledging and using these gifts that we provide service and at the same time show our gratitude.  Think about it.  If you gave someone a gift and they simply threw it on the ground and walked away, you probably wouldn't be too happy.  Well, that's just about what we do when we know our gift(s), yet decide to stifle them.

So today, I will not lift shoulder in attempts of covering what HE has given me.  I will share as I am so compelled.  I will help as I can/ where I can and as HE intends and in doing so I will find liberation.  I will not use these gifts to propel my ego to heights that my physical body could never reach.  I will show Gratitude.

I encourage you to do the same.


*Peace and Blessings*




Comments

Popular Posts