Emit Greatness

I learn something new about myself everyday.  One of the biggest lessons that I've grown to discover is regarding my patience towards others.  You see I have very little tolerance for the "me toos" of the world.  I have the propensity to feel as if someone is absorbing my energy when they follow my words of accomplishment by saying, "me too".  It drains me and makes me want to stop sharing information about myself for fear of my acknowledgement being shadowed by another's desire to steal the spotlight.  I get discouraged by what feels like a slight.  [See "Listen"]

At least that's how I saw it.  Now as I advance in my journey, I am recognizing the flaw in this train-of-thought.  Perhaps instead of getting worked up over the off chance of another speaking in a manner that is perceived as spotlight jacking; I can find my happiness in knowing that I have paved the way for another to reveal their truth.  Truth is that most people share experiences and struggles, yet we build walls when it comes to revealing these stories because we are hesitant to expose ourselves, for fear of being judged.  However, I have found that the more I share, the more my neighbors give themselves permission to come out of the cosmic closet.  So it isn't about stealing the shine of another, it is about sharing brilliance and in-turn radiating more brightly for the world to see through unity.

Here is what I know...
We are all spiritual beings by nature.  We are capable of greatness beyond our own comprehension; yet we choose to cut ourselves off from this greatness because we fear that which is not easily explained.  Instead of owning our individual potential/ power; we'd prefer to exist under the notion that creating a better existence is not our responsibility because, "if they won't do it... why should I?"

This journey requires me to own my actions (good and bad).  In doing so I have made a conscious decision to reflect that which I wish to receive.  I acknowledge my downfalls in order to learn the life lessons and allow myself to grow.  I share these moments in hopes of igniting a desire for greatness in those that are willing to receive.  I embrace the notion behind hearing my words echoed back in a manner that does not attempt to appeal to my ego.  For it is through this echo that I am able to continue forward on my journey.

Our paths are different, but our abilities are universal.  Today is the day that I embrace my power and potential to affect change by reflecting truth, love and light.  Are you ready to take a step into the unknown to face and reveal your truth?

*Peace and Blessings*

Marisa Moments Website
Facebook: MarisaMoments
Twitter: @MarisaMoments
Email: Marisa@marisamoments.com 

Comments

Popular Posts