Just be Quiet and Listen!

I have a confession... I'm one of those people that talks against a movie because I am always looking to be five steps ahead of the action as it unfolds.  Yup, I get it... SUPER annoying!  I'm thinking it might be the other side of getting glimpses into the things that are yet to come, is that I begin to try to apply that gift to all aspects of my life.  Yea, that would be my ego trying to control the scenes again.

You see, the Universe calls on us to let go and allow things to flow as they will.  Of course this doesn't mean that we have NO accountability in manifesting our dreams into reality.  However, in certain times and moments we must be still and trust the natural flow of things in order to receive the answers that we seek.  For instance, we have just embarked upon Ramadan and I personally am inspired by all that it represents.  Now please don't mistake, because I mean all due respect to those that follow the traditions of Islam and Muslim religion; and I do not claim to be of any tangible association outside of the things I am about to disclose.

With that said, I have decided to do a "cleanse" that coincides with Ramadan.  During this time I am only having smoothies (mainly kale concoctions because I just got a load from the farmer's market) and other beverages during the day; and upon sunset I allow myself a meal.  Yesterday was my first day and admittedly I was watching the clock when we got down to 3-hours until sunset because I was hungry.  But, in the moments that I wasn't preoccupied by the void within my stomach, I was allowed clarity.  I took time when I felt overwhelmed to meditate and pray for calm.  I did my best to reel in my frustration and resentment, and to shift my negative thoughts.  It was kinda amazing!  Each time I was tempted to get upset at the actions of another, I was immediately shown how I have done the exact same "offense" but in a slightly different form.  The notion of judge not, lest ye be judged became tangible.  There was a mirror being held up and I found myself with no pint of ice cream to hide in... I had to look at myself.

And today?  Day #2... I woke up to signs I made that reminded myself to take a minute to meditate and be thankful for all the blessings in my life, and to anticipate with certainty the blessings that will be flowing towards my family in the near future.  Yes, I struggled with walking out with my usual inclination to move like a drill sergeant.  (I have a real issue with clutter and a propensity towards being very OCD when it comes to getting things done.)   Yet and still, in my honoring source I have found that when I'm just quiet and listen... I receive the answers that I seek.  So I'm realizing that I need to just be quiet and listen!  The realization and the application, not an easy task, but it's time for the two to meet and I am the only one that can make that happen.

The journey begins within and spreads to a greater connection of consciousness... It's time to become the change we wish to see in this world, and however that looks for you is perfectly fine.  We all have separate paths with sporadic crossings, so the choices we make are completely that of our own.

*Peace and Blessings*





Marisa Moments Website
Facebook     |     @MarisaMoments
Email

Comments

Popular Posts