HIS Plan

I was talking to my mom the other day when I suddenly started connecting the proverbial dots in my life.  Now... I openly acknowledge and embrace the fact that there are NO coincidences.  And as I continue my journey, I am able to have a clear view of the past as it relates to the present and even further... as things will tie together in the future.  [I'm not claiming to be Nostradamus, but I have been blessed]

Let's take a moment to think about this.  Reflect on the things that have happened in your life... the good and the bad.  If it weren't for everything from the past; the decisions you've made, the places you've gone, the people you've loved, the heartache you've experienced, the lies you've told or been told, etc, etc, etc... you would not be the person you are today.  Now, I know what you might be thinking... "what about the bad people in the world?"  Well, same goes for them.  However, you must remember that we were given The Gift of free will.  Therefore, we have the option of deciding if we will become victims of circumstance or if we will let him use us so that we may rise above the negative.

Again, please don't mistake the aforementioned statement to be crass in any form.  I recognize that there are struggles and demons that people face on a daily basis, of which I couldn't fathom in my wildest nightmares.  I don't wish to turn a blind eye to those horrific situations, however for the sake of this specific post I will only be addressing what we know as mainstream circumstances, and even further I will only speak on that which I truly know... my life.  [I will address demons at a later date]

I have not had an easy life, yet I don't see myself as a victim by any means.  I've had good times and bad times, I've made great choices and I've made some decisions that I reflect on and wonder... how did I even survive?!  But I digress.

The point is this... Every single action and decision has led me right to this very moment.  I mean, can you imagine?... HE loves us so much that HE has planned it all, even with the considerations of the choices we would make using free will!  WHEW!  Can you imagine?!!!  I once planned a surprise meet-up for my husband for his birthday and I was all over the place!  Yet HE has everything worked out for us... the destination and paths determined by our actions and what's more; the planning took place before our ancestors even existed.  I don't know about you, but it sounds exhausting... yet, HE doesn't complain.

All of this to say, I recognize and embrace the fact that my life is all a part of HIS Plan.  So today I am overwhelmed with gratitude and I will push my desire to over plan things to the side because when it compares to HIS Plan... well, it just doesn't.  So I will cover my bases, but I will allow HIM to determine the manner in which I make these moves.

LORD-  I am your humble servant and messenger.  I ask that you direct me and use me as you see fit.  I ask that you point me in the direction that you want me to go.  I ask that you change my heart so that I am best able to serve YOUR WILL and not that of my own.  -Amen



Comments

Popular Posts